Saturday, July 16, 2005

Mission accomplished

Well, I hate to use that phrase after dub-ya in his halloween flight uniform used it on an aircraft carrier, that ass, but I did just what I wanted to. I did road rides on Monday and Wednesday, rode the mountain bike Tuesday and Thursday, then used Friday as a rest day with the thought of having a two and a half to three hour sufferfest today. All went as planned. Got to the trail at about 10:30, it was already 83 degrees and somewhere between ten and twelve thousand percent humidity. Damn was that narsty! Regardless, I rode well and am very happy. A few times I thought about turning around and calling it a day, but I pressed on. The strange thing is when I did finish, how soaking wet my feet were. No creek (crick) crossings or anything but damn that was nuts! I also stayed upright the entire time which was cool after breaking a rib a month ago after losing a two on one match between gravity and a tree. I am not sure what tomorrow is going to hold. I have a party tonight in the museam area of the city, so it depends on the evening and if hangover base miles (HBM's) are in the cards tomorrow. I do have a very wide masochistic streak and highly enjoy putting myself through alot of pain. Oh, another tidbit on the ride today, I went at it sans Ipod. Something I have not done in quite some time..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home