Thursday, August 04, 2005

Been awhile

Yeah, what a mess I have been. First I was back at my folks house for wedding number four of the year, enough of that already. Anyway, after two nights of sleeping under a ceiling fan, I have developed a chest cold that has me hacking goop up from my lungs for the past two weeks. This has put a bit of a hamper on the riding front, because I end up sucking wind as soon as the trail tilts up. What a bummer. I have been taking the 'Tussin to try to shake it, I think I am getting better but still nowhere close to 100%. I have been doing some easy road rides but also throttling myself on the mountain bike which probably isn't helping my cause. I have been in good health all year, now that I am three weeks away from a race, this starts.. Fantastic.
On the social front. Went to Ben Harper last week at the Electric Factory. I was normally not a fan of that venue, but I think that they may have sunk a little money into the place. That not withstanding, Ben Harper was absolutely fantastic. He played for a little under three hours and was incredibly solid. I think that the Innocent Criminals are now one of the tightest bands going as well. I followed that up with a charity golf event then that same evening being stood up by a girl of interest. That was annoying to say the least. Talk about a lack of common courtesy. Just a complete blow off! What a shot to the psyche.
Anyway, this week was mountain, then two hours on the road, another mountain ride, then a Phillies game last night.
Well, lets see, I hope to be have this being a more regular thing for me. I still don't know why I like reading peoples posts so much, but what the hell.
Peace and chicken grease

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home